Friday, March 4, 2011

Random Baked Goods.........

Nanaimo Bar (from the town's official recipe)

White cake with lemon curd layer inside, and whipping cream and fresh raspberries from the garden

Raspberry Charlotte

Inside the Charlotte

Canadian Living's Cheese Danish
More Danish with toppings (cherry, apples, lemon curd)


Danish again! (cherry, blueberry)
Cherry Pie

Homemade Doughnuts (first time)

Buttertarts with Maple Syrup


Cherry Cheesecakes, Peanut Butter Pie or such?

Dark Cocoa Cake

My version of sticky buns/chelsea etc....


Just a couple pictures of some of the baked goods I have made, or make on a regular basis....the pictures for some don't do justice....but all very tasty items....My favorite is the Nanaimo bar from the official town website of Nanaimo, British Columbia. They had a contest for the best bar recipe, and I made up a batch and followed the recipe to a "T" and it turned out just perfect, I also started to add my own secret ingredient eventually of a layer of homemade pure maple syrup...to make it even more disgustingly good! Another of my favorites here is the Cheese Danish from Canadian Living's recipes. It is so perfect, fluffy, divine, rich, and once you make them, and eat them, it becomes addictive to do again and again! I follow their recipe, and place the cream cheese mixture on top of each, but also add a layer of assorted fruit topping, and then bake! Another more recent item I just started to make was the Dark Cocoa cake....I happened to pick up a bulk bag of dark cocoa, and fell in love with the way it looked and smelled and was determined to use it in either cakes, brownies etc....I found a recipe from Hershey's, and followed a basic cake recipe, and it turned out so awesome, it was a one bowl idea recipe basically, and real easy enough for the kids to do! It turned out like the best "Devil's Food Cake" I have ever had! I also whipped up a batch of cocoa fudge...and it turned out pretty tasty! Another real neat recipe I made there was the Raspberry Charlotte! A mousse cake really, with fresh and frozen raspberries from my garden, which i have an abundance of, and wanted to try using them up. The recipe entails making your own "lady finger" type biscuit to be the bottom and sides of the cake, and then you make up the mousse filling...a real neat recipe I found, doing some techniques I've never done before...all and all and easy, yet elegant recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment